You! We need approximately forty shifts covered by parents and friends of the squadron. Volunteers must be over the age of 18 and some positions require a background check by the AGLC.
Volunteers staff certain positions in the casino over a two day period and in exchange receive a portion of the pooled proceeds for their organization. This generall equates to somewhere between $60,000 and $80,000 towards squadron programming that helps our cadets flourish.
Shifts range from General Manager to count room staff. You can see a list of duties for each role by clicking here. No experience is required and full training will be provided. Volunteers receive a meal and you'll have a chance to meet other parents and volunteers.
Casinos offer a large cash influx every two years and ensure that our cadets can continue to receive the benefits of the program. Casino fund-raising is a key funding initiative in keeping the 810 Squadron operating each year. We need your help to ensure that we are able to fulfill our obligations to receive this funding.
Details to follow soon.
July 16 & 17, 2018. There are day and night time shifts that will need to be covered.
If you are applying for General Manager, Banker, Count Room Supervisor, or Cashier positions, you will also need to fill out the AGLC Casino Volunteer Worker Application available by clicking here. We will do our very best to fit people into their preferred positions and dates. You'll be contacted within a few weeks to confirm your shifts. Thanks again for supporting the 810 Sqaudron!
Please complete the form one time for each volunteer:
Additional Casino Volunteer Information
Here are some important details that you need to know as a volunteer in the casino:
- A volunteer General Manager from your organization will manage your casino event.
- An experienced registered casino advisor will provide training, support and assistance in both the cash cage and the count room.
- The Casino Games Manager and the trained professional staff will provide assistance to the volunteers as they carry out their various duties.
- Upon arrival at the casino you will be greeted, signed in, and given a nametag to wear at all times.
- You cannot fill any more than one position for the duration of the casino event; however, you can work as many shifts as you wish in the same position.
- Dress is business casual (be wary of the air conditioning). No jeans, T-shirts, shorts or athletic wear.
- Volunteering at the casino is safe, easy and fun.
- You will get time for breaks and meals. The dining room is available for you to order snacks and meals (you will not have to pay for your order - your organization will be billed by the casino facility at the end of the event).
- There is ample parking for volunteers.
- The casino is protected by security systems including cameras and alarms. You will be walked to your car if you wish - just ask a security guard.
- It is very important to arrive on time for you shift. Your presence at the casino is very important; however, if you will be late or need to cancel, for whatever reason, it is necessary to contact the General Manager.
- No volunteers may play casino games or gaming terminals during their group’s casino event.
- No volunteer may consume liquor or illicit substances before or during his or her shift.
- The casino industry’s rules and regulations are very strict and must be followed at all times.
- Enjoy your casino event fundraiser - the money is going to a wonderful cause.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your casino coordinator.