Volunteer Position Descriptions
Each volunteer is an integral member of a Licensed Casino Event. Volunteers must attend when scheduled as the Casino may not be permitted to operate if volunteer(s) are late or missing, which affects the charity's revenue, the casino employees, and the Casino Facility operator. Though your attendance is important, you need not worry about the performance of your duties. As your Casino Advisors we will fully train you and within minutes you will be a confident, valuable participant in the Licensed Casino Event.
- No volunteer can consume alcohol prior to or during your shift.
- No volunteer can gamble in the casino facility during any period (both days) of the Licensed Casino Event regardless if they are on a scheduled shift.
- All Volunteer Workers should refrain from using cash while on-duty at a Casino Event; volunteer food costs and tips are included, and you cannot loan or borrow money to or from anyone for any reason while on-duty at a casino. Basically there is no reason for a volunteer to have cash in their hand other than for performing their volunteering duties. This also applies to casino chips.
- There is no reason to have casino chips in your possession for any reason except to perform volunteer duties.
- The use of smart phones, tablets and laptops is permitted in the volunteer lounge and cash cage; however, the taking of photographs and video of casino operations is prohibited. Some casinos offer Wi-Fi access but there is no guarantee that you can use their network.
4 General Managers (1 per shift)
4 Alternate General Managers (1 per shift)
4 Bankers (1 per shift)
8 Cashiers (2 per shift)
8 Chip Runners (2 per shift)
2 Count Room Supervisors (2 per late night shift)
10 Count Room Staff (5 per late night shift)
12 Backups (3 per shift in case of COVID-related absence)
Due to the nature of the license, only Guardians of 810 members (parents) can apply for the General Manager, Banker and Count Room Supervisor positions. If you have signed up to be a General Manager, Alternate General Manager, Banker, Count Room Supervisor, or Cashier, you MUST complete the CASINO VOLUNTEER WORKER APPLICATION FORM: Click Here
Please print off this form, complete and sign it and email it back to the Casino Chair (nina.sobocha at yahoo dot ca). Our Casino Chair will contact you to confirm your shift(s).
General Manager / Alt. General Manager *requires walking or standing 10-25% of the time.
- Will be working primarily in the Cash Cage during the day shift and the Cash Cage and Count Room during late shift. Some activity takes place on the casino floor. MUST NOT BE AN EMPLOYEE OF THE ORGANISATION.
- Responsibilities include: organisations’ official representative to supervise volunteers, their attendance, and their conduct at the Licensed Casino Event in the Cash Cage, the Count Room, and on the gaming floor.
- A General Manager or Alternative General Manger must be within the Casino Facility at all times during a Licensed Casino Event.
Banker *primarily sitting 90% of the time in Cash Cage MUST NOT BE AN EMPLOYEE OF THE ORGANISATION.
- Responsibilities include: maintaining Cash Cage float of chips and cash.
- Controls safe. Primary activity during opening, closing and shift changes. Must use a computer or handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
Cashier *primarily sitting or standing 90% of the time in Cash Cage (person’s preference to stand or sit in cashier position)
- Responsibilities include: trading patrons chips for cash. Ability to count chips accurately in increments of 5 and 25 as well as count back cash a huge asset. Will be handling large amounts of chips and cash.
- Minimal use handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
Count Room Supervisor *primarily sitting 80% of the time while in the Count Room – MUST NOT BE AN EMPLOYEE OF THE ORGANISATION
- Responsibilities include: utilise a computer to record counting activities. Supervises count room volunteers.
Other Count Room positions * sitting 90% of the time while in Count Room (one or two positions will be standing 100%)
- Responsibilities include: sort, count, verify and amalgamate cash. One person will use a computer.
Chip Runner *sitting 80% of the time waiting. Not permitted in Cash Cage. Must remain on Casino Floor or volunteer lounge.
- Responsibilities include: minimal use of handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
Shift Times - These are subject to change and may vary slightly. Please check back closer to our casino dates.
1st Shift: Daytime
General Manager 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
Banker 9:00 AM to 6:45 PM
Cashier 1 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
Cashier 2 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
Chip Runner 1 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Chip Runner 2 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
2nd Shift: Evening/Late Night
General Manager 6:30 PM to 4:00 AM
Banker 6:15 PM to 4:00 AM
Cashier 1 6:00 PM to 3:30 AM
Cashier 2 6:00 PM to 3:30 AM
Chip Runner 1 6:15 PM to 3:15 AM
Chip Runner 2 6:15 PM to 3:15 AM
2nd Shift: Late Night
Count Room Supervisor 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM
Count Staff GM 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM
Count Staff - Counter 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM
Count Staff - Recorder 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM
Count Staff - Amalgamator 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM
Count Staff - Sorter 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM
All end times are approximate. Please do arrive on time but there is no need to be too early. Any overlap in shifts allow for how busy we are and how quickly we can change over shifts. You do get a free meal per shift, if you're working the second or third shift you may choose to come early and have your meal. Please keep the total meal allowance to around $25.
The casino will be following all provincial guidelines and volunteers should expect that some amount of mask-wearing and social distancing rules will still be in place. Please be prepared to bring your own mask(s) and sanitizer. We'll try to clarify what the casino will be providing, but for now, let's plan for the independent safety measures.
Should restrictions not be lifted, or be lifted and brought back into place, on the dates of our casino, we would be rescheduled completely with no volunteers required to go. Unless you hear directly from us, the casino is on and you are required to attend on time for your shift. Should you have COVID symptoms or receive a positive test for COVID without any symptoms, please do your best to cover your shift. Once all roles are filled, we will try and create a list of backup volunteers that can step in only to cover COVID-related absences.